Saturday 7 April 2012

Silly String Theory: Serendipity 7


"I recently got a motorbike back to roadworthy order after it'd sat in the garage for nearly a year. Proudly mentioning this on various social networking sites was responded to by two kinds of people. One kind telling me to be careful, the others enquiring about the bike. An Irish chap, Neil, I met recently at an improv workshop was one with such enquiries. "What bike have you got?" he asked, "I've got a Honda Deauville."
"No way!" I responded. "I used to have a Deauville. I bought It from an ex-Irish bike cop!.. I loved that bike. Now I've just got a little 125cc Chopper."
"My first bike was a 125 chopper," says he, "All my Irish bike-cop friends ride Deauvilles."

I proceeded to send him a picture of my first bike; a Yamaha Virago. "That was my second bike," he replied, "... same paint job."
"Next you'll tell me you had a Bandit or a SV650." I suggested, knowing this is where this would end...
"I nearly had a Bandit. I also nearly had an RT1200," he told me.
"Yep. I looked into getting an RT1200 at one point. Specifically that. But then again I nearly bought a Mazda MX-5 a couple of weeks ago." At this point I wondered if there was such a thing as a 'Bike Twin'.
"Oh, I had an MX-5 before my current car," Neil said.

... 'Car twins?'

"I didn't buy it in the end. I decided to stick with my boring-but-practical Renault Laguna," ... no-one likes Lagunas, I thought.
"That's what car I have now... I'm going to have a conversation with my parents," he wrote.

Yep."

- Jonathan 7/4/12

Silly String Theory is a ground-breaking improvised play that picks strands from our lives and explores how we meet, part, love and live together.

19th-21st April & 26th-28th April
Time: 7.30pm.
Cost: £10 Tickets available HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment